Anger Management course
Dr Melissa runs individually tailored, one on one anger management courses for clients online, and has extensive experience assisting clients going to court.
Sessions include six one on one sessions comprising psycho-education about anger and it’s development as well as treatment strategies for managing anger such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
For clients attending court on anger related matters a letter of attendance is provided at the cessation of counselling.
Upon request from your solicitor, a treating psychologist report may also be provided at the conclusion of the course. Please note that the cost of a treatment report is in addition to the course.
Treatment reports are based on clinical assessment and treatment and differ from forensic psychology reports.
** Note: Dr Melissa’s anger management services differ from and DO NOT constitute a formal Men’s Behaviour Change Program.
- What is Anger?
- My First Signs of Anger
- What are My Triggers?
- How Can I Think Differently?
- Regulating My Nervous System
- How Does My Behaviour Affect Others?
*Please note Dr Melissa is unable to accept referrals for clients charged with sexual offences or offences primarily involving substance abuse.
Dr Melissa is able to provide a TREATING PSYCHOLOGIST REPORT upon the completion of the course – at your solicitor’s request – detailing:
- Your presentation and mental health history;
- The treatment strategies you undertook throughout the course;
- Your level of engagement and how you responded to the treatment;
- Future recommendations regarding the need for any additional clinical treatment;
- A detailed TREATMENT PLAN specific to your individual needs (for Mental Health Diversion cases). This plan outlines proposed ongoing psychology treatment in the event that you are discharged into the care of Dr Melissa for a nominated period of time following the completion of proceedings.
*Please note that treatment reports do NOT constitute a forensic report and Dr Melissa is unable to comment on matters of future offending or suitability/fitness for parenting or work related issues.
The cost per individual anger management counselling session is $300 per hour (with a rebate of $131.55 for clients with a Mental Health Care Plan) and a minimum of six sessions is generally required for court related matters.
The cost of a treating psychologist report is $2,000 plus GST.