Clinical Services – Psychological Assessment
Dr Melissa Keogh has been registered as a clinical psychologist for over 17 years.
She has experience in the assessment of a range of presentations for adolescents (16 years and over) and adults including:
- Generalised Anxiety
- Panic Disorder
- Social Anxiety
- Perinatal and Postnatal Anxiety
- Perinatal and Postnatal Depression
- Adjustment Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Adjustment to Illness/Disability via NDIS
- Chronic Illness
- Internationally Acquired Lyme Disease
- Stress Management
- Grief and Loss
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Relationship issues (individual counselling only)
- Workplace stress
- Anger Management
Clinical Services – Psychological Treatment
In her clinical practice Dr Melissa employs a range of therapeutic approaches including psychoeducation, cognitive-behaviour therapy (CBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) including mindfulness and value oriented work, as well and interpersonal therapy (IPT).
Clinical Services – Lyme Disease
Dr Melissa provides evidence based, Lyme Literate psychological assessment of clients with internationally acquired Lyme Disease.
In her practice she employs current and comprehensive measures such as The Neuropsychiatric Lyme Assessment (Robert C Bransfield, MD), The Common Symptom 61-Item Assessment* (Bransfield et al., 2020), The 24-Item Assessment (Bransfield et al., 2020) and The Full Clinical Assessment (Bransfiled et al., 2020).
She also provides individually tailored psychological support for clients with the condition.
* Bransfiled, R. C.: Aidlen, D.M.;Cook, M.J.;Javia, S. A Clinical Diagnostic System for Late-Stage Neuropsychiatric Lyme Borreliosis Based upon an Analysis of 100 Patients. Healthcare. 2020 8(1), 13